BotDetect SharePoint CAPTCHA Feature
The BotDetect™ SharePoint CAPTCHA feature provides you with powerful Captcha protection that prevents automated submissions of your SharePoint sites, lists, pages and login forms.
In an Internet-facing SharePoint environment allowing anonymous access to SharePoint sites, lists and libraries, you may require a way to determine whether or not the user accessing your sites and lists is an actual human visitor or an automated script (bot).
For this purpose we have created the BotDetect SharePoint Captcha feature, built upon the BotDetect ASP.NET Captcha Control which prevents automated submissions of ASP.NET forms using Captcha images.
This feature comes with a functional SharePoint Captcha field that enables SharePoint administrators and power users to easily add Captcha functionality to their forms for a SharePoint list.
Activating the BotDetect SharePoint Captcha feature in your web application will automatically configure it for use of the BotDetect ASP.NET Captcha Control, so SharePoint developers can more easily use it in their custom SharePoint solutions such as SharePoint web parts and application pages.
Why BotDetect SharePoint CAPTCHA?
BotDetect is unique among Captcha solutions in offering many Captcha image and sound styles. While each of them is easily comprehensible to human users, randomly using multiple Captcha generation algorithms makes the Captcha challenge practically impossible to pass automatically.
This approach to Captcha security is validated by the BotDetect track record: we have over 3000 paying customers and not one confirmed case of automated Captcha breaking by spammers.
- Supports MOSS 2007 / SharePoint 2010 / SharePoint 2013
- Ready to use SharePoint BotDetect Captcha field
- 60 secure & readable Captcha image styles
- 10 secure & accessible audio Captcha sound styles
- Localized Captcha generation, using various Unicode character sets and downloadable multi-language sound pronunciations
- Custom Captcha image size, format, color scheme...
- Custom Captcha code length, style, character set, timeouts, generated code filtering...
- Many other randomization & customization options
- Produces XHTML 1.1 Strict, Section 508 and WCAG AAA compliant markup
- Validates properly when Captcha forms are simultaneously open in multiple browser tabs
- Tested in IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera browsers released since 2001
- Full support for all Android & iOS devices