What is BotDetect Classic ASP CAPTCHA?
CAPTCHA is an acronym for Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart. As the name suggests, it's a kind of test that can reliably determine is the solver human, allowing webmasters to tell bots and humans apart.
Captcha software is a program automatically generating and grading Captcha tests that:
- Most people (i.e. real human users) can easily pass
- Current bots (i.e. various computer programs) can't pass
Bots are the Problem and CAPTCHA is the Solution
With the exponential growth of online services and businesses, website security has become a serious concern for webmasters and web application developers.
The Problem: Bots
Many software programs are written and used to impersonate human beings, mimic their surfing patterns, and imitate their online activities for various malicious purposes. These "pretending to be human" programs are referred to as bots (short for "robots"), spambots or spam bots (since they are most commonly used for spamming).
The Solution: CAPTCHA
BotDetect Captcha is an efficient out-of-the-box security solution designed to deal with this threat, available as an ASP Captcha Component for Classic ASP forms.
Using Captcha images specifically designed to be out of the reach of currently available computer vision and OCR technologies, bots can be prevented from accessing protected website functionality.
While computer programs cannot read the textual code from the image, it is easy to read for most humans. So the answer to the webmaster's question "is the current client submitting this page a real person, and not a bot?" will be the same as the Captcha validation result.
To keep websites accessible to the blind and people with impaired vision – for whom reading the Captcha images could be a problem – BotDetect also provides a sound Captcha alternative, pronouncing the textual code to users who prefer to hear it.
More about ASP integration
The most of info you are going to need to integrate BotDetect with your ASP website you will find on the following links:
- BotDetect ASP Classic CAPTCHA Crash Course
- Getting Started With BotDetect Classic ASP CAPTCHA
BotDetect CAPTCHA ASP Classic Integration Guides & Samples
- How To Add BotDetect CAPTCHA Protection to Classic ASP Forms
- ASP Classic Basic CAPTCHA VBScript Code Sample
- ASP Classic Form CAPTCHA VBScript Code Sample
- ASP Classic Login CAPTCHA VBScript Code Sample
- ASP Classic jQuery Validation CAPTCHA VBScript Code Sample
- ASP Classic Built-In Ajax CAPTCHA Validation VBScript Code Sample
- ASP Classic Multiple CAPTCHAs VBScript Code Sample
- BotDetect CAPTCHA ASP Classic Configuration Guides & Samples
- BotDetect CAPTCHA ASP Classic Deployment Guides & Samples
- BotDetect CAPTCHA ASP Classic Troubleshooting Guides & Samples
- BotDetect CAPTCHA Classic ASP Technical FAQ
- BotDetect ASP Classic CAPTCHA API Reference
- BotDetect ASP Classic CAPTCHA Release Notes
There are no BotDetect integrations for ASP frameworks available because we are not aware that any ASP framework even exist.
BotDetect CAPTCHA Applications
- Prevent automated spam submission: BotDetect Captcha images ensure that an email, blog comment, forum post, guestbook entry or social networking message is sent by a human, not a bot.
- Prevent automated registrations: BotDetect Captcha images block bots that sign up for thousands of email, forum or social networking accounts every minute.
- Prevent automated friend requests: BotDetect Captcha images block bots that send thousands of fake friend requests on social networking and instant messaging sites every minute.
- Secure login pages: BotDetect Captcha images prevent dictionary attacks and brute force attacks trying to guess login information
- Block malicious crawlers: BotDetect Captcha images guarantee that bots trying to leech content or find vulnerabilities to exploit won't access protected website sections.
- Prevent poll manipulation: BotDetect Captcha images protect online polls by ensuring only humans can vote and automated voting scripts can't manipulate the results.
- Prevent resource harvesting: BotDetect Captcha images protect online games and virtual worlds with economic systems from automated virtual resource ("gold") harvesting.
- Prevent cheating in contests: BotDetect Captcha images protect skill-based online games from fraudulent users who employ bots to achieve unfair advantage over other players.
BotDetect, and other Captchas Accessibility Guidelines
- The Accessibility Demand for Audio CAPTCHA
- Section 508 CAPTCHA: How to Make CAPTCHA Comply with Access Board Section 508 Standards
- WCAG CAPTCHA: How to Make CAPTCHA Conform to W3C WCAG 2.0 Standards
Active Server Pages
Active Server Pages (ASP), later known as Classic ASP or ASP Classic, is Microsoft's first server-side script engine for dynamically generated web pages. ASP.NET, first released in January 2002, has superseded ASP.
Initially released as an add-on to Internet Information Services (IIS) via the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack (ca. 1996), it is included as a free component of Windows Server (since the initial release of Windows 2000 Server).
ASP remains supported until 14 January 2020 on Windows 7. The use of ASP pages will be supported on Windows 8 for a minimum of 10 years from the Windows 8 release date.